Thursday, April 2, 2009

Diaphanous

So I attempted a run on the beach the other morning. PATHETIC. I made it to the beach, stopped for a rest, stashed the sweaty shirt, shoes, and socks in the grass, ran to the curve and sat on a log to watch the sun come up. Yes, yes, it would have been more rewarding watching the sun come up if I had actually run the whole way; but whatever, I got off my butt and  tried so I'm a happy woman.
It's been windy, cold, and rainy the last couple days (always reminding me of Eugene) but today was nice enough to where we could go to the beach for at least a couple hours. We all got our swimsuits on, made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (the best kind in my opinion), got in the car, and were on our way. We went to a beach called Sharks Cove. I hope the name has nothing to do with the creatures that are swimming around it besides the one I'm about to tell you about. The kids hunted for hermit crabs and waded around trying to catch fish. We were just beginning to climb on some rocks when everyone looked right behind us and started cheering - there was a WHALE! (Way out in the ocean of course). It was breaching and spouting water for everyone to see, it was really neat to get to experience how beautiful nature can be.
Also, I cooked dinner tonight. DANG right I did! Woo! Yep, it was only pancakes and bacon, but oh baby did I do it! Slowly but surely, I'm learning to cook. Hopefully I'll have this business down sometime soon, otherwise I'm going to starve.


Quote of the day :)

"Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And one you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it."

--Bill Cosby


(I tried laughing hysterically at my running attempt, but it didn't help. Hmm, this quote must be talking about other things...)



No comments:

Post a Comment