Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Corazon


I got the chance to go home for "Spring Break" (I've been on a break for almost five months now) and it was a blast. The flight there was horrible having screaming kids directly behind me the whole flight, but... I got to see friends, family, and attend my dad's wedding so it was worth enduring the blue-faced babies. I loved being back in Eugene, it's one of my favorite places. I experienced the cold, rain, Cafe Yumm, Spencers Butte, learning actual guitar, Portland, Burrito Amigos, Alton Baker, bowling, Sweet Life, MY BED, Pita Pit, nice fluffy carpet (we don't have that in our house here), and guitar hero; how much better could it have been? Not much! Maybe being able to stay a little longer. (I just now noticed that like every other thing I mentioned had to do with food... I guess I like to eat!)
I somehow managed to be one of the last four people to board the plane even though I made it to the airport with an hour to spare, but oh well. At least I made it! The flight back home was probably the best flight I've ever had anywhere. I think I was awake for a total of ten minutes the entire time. It was glorious. I also loved being able to walk out of the airport into the bright, warm sunshine. I love Eugene, but you can't beat having to go back to Hawaii :)


Quote of the Day :)


"Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up."

--Robert Frost


No comments:

Post a Comment