Monday, March 2, 2009

h.i.


     So I got here a couple weeks ago. I'm living with my Aunt Jenica and her family and they've done a wonderful job at making me feel at home here. We live five minutes away from BYU campus and about two minutes from the beach. The beach. Yes, the beach. Love the beach. I've already been sunburned, and hope to not have to experience it again since I've already had to go through it once.
     Today I got accepted into BYU Hawaii and I'm stoked. I'm going to be starting spring term and can't wait! I've walked around the campus and, yes it's small, but it's open and light and the class sizes are going to be small which will be a big help. The students that I've met so far have been super nice and very helpful with directions! I love that there are so many different kinds of people at BYU. There are people here from like seventy different countries or something. 
     I feel pretty blessed to have everything work out as well as it has. The last couple of months have been a little rough, but I think things are going to be smooth sailing from here on out. I'm learning more about myself and (I think) more of what life's really about. It's been a neat experience to come out and actually live, not just stay in a hotel for a week. The people are very simple and so happy. Yes, we don't have all the pretty little decorations and nice wallpaper and baubles, but we have a roof over out heads and are as happy as can be. I like this different lifestyle. It's been very eye opening for me, and it has made me realize that I don't need half the things I thought I did. Although, I could really go without the bugs, but it's a package deal ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment