Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Lexicon


Well folks, I have yet another move to announce... this time it's to Hawaii. (Yes, I am being completely serious here.) It was kind of a surprise, and I'm a little tired of all of the packing and unpacking I've had to do over the last couple months, but hey! How many times do you get offered the chance to go live in Hawaii and be with family? Let me tell ya, not often.
I've grown (in my 4 weeks of being here) to really, really like Texas. Colleyville is a great place, it has everything you need, and if you want a little something extra then Dallas and Ft. Worth are both only 30 minutes away (mind you, not in rush hour traffic). Yes, I've come to realize what the actual meaning of rush hour traffic is, not the pretend 5 minute delay we sometimes had on Coburg Road in Eugene. This is messy, jerks constantly cutting you off, moving at 5 miles an hour (if that) for miles and miles. I'm not going to miss that, however I am going to miss a few other things.
My aunt and uncle, kids, grandparents, and cousin have done a wonderful job of making me feel at home here. I'm going to miss them terribly, because I'm only just beginning to really know them. I didn't really have a chance to know them because I had been living in Oregon while they were in Texas. I'm also going to miss my job, I love it. The girls are super nice and the managers are great. The discounts are also going to be one of those missed greatly, haha. The classes that I had here were really good too with awesome teachers. Ceramics and photography were my favorite, but you win some, you lose some, right?
I'm going to be living with my Aunt Jenica and her family in Laie, it's on the north shore of Hawaii close to BYU and right down the road from the temple. She told me that it's pretty much like living in the country, so it's going to be a big change from living in Texas where there are tons of things going on, tons of people; tons of everything. I'm going to be a nanny for my cousins over the next couple of months, and then hopefully going to school in the summer to catch up for the school that I'm missing out on right now.
Another thing, the dad is getting married! I'm happy for him that he's found someone he wants to spend the rest of his life with. It was definitely... a surprise, but oh well. What can you do? Hopefully I'll be able to go home for the wedding, but we'll see how that goes. If I don't, I won't be back home until the end of August! Oh baby, that's kind of scary to think about, but exciting!

My new address is going to be:
55-651 Lanihuli Pl.
Laie, HI 96762

Write me! :)




"You make the world a better place by making yourself a better person."
--Scott Sorrell

1 comment:

  1. Have such a wonderful time in Hawaii! I'm glad you are getting a chance to experience that there is LIFE outside of Oregon. I did a lot of moving during my college years too. For a while, I literally moved every three months... I had moving down to a fine science. Hopefully we will see you at the wedding... August is a long time away!
    Love you...

    ReplyDelete