Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Outré

So, I have managed to keep my job for the last week. Hopefully that will continue! I eat subway every night for dinner, and have some leftover ice cream for dessert. The girls I work with tell me I'll gain 15 pounds within the next little bit of working there. Oh joy, so many good things to look forward to from working in an ice cream shop.
I registered for school today and got my official BYUH ID card! You need it for absolutely everything here, so I'm glad I finally have it. I start my classes next week. I'm taking a jogging class, biology, and some lifesaving deal that will get me my lifeguarding permit deal - hopefully I'll score a summer job with it!
I have yet to use my film camera here. I've just been kind of on a digital streak, since I don't want to pay money to develop my film. I like being able to go to school and do it myself! Oh well, it will probably be better for me anyway because I take more pictures this way. I've taken some cool ones that I never would've thought to take with my film camera.
I rode my bike to Kahuku the other day. It was a pretty nice ride, it took about 25 minutes each way. I rode my nice little cruiser all the way down there and had a grand ol' time. What I didn't factor in was that the way there was much easier than the way back would be (I forgot about the wind!) I was wondering why I looked like I was speeding compared to the people coming back the other way, and I didn't realize until I was on the way back that the wind has a nice little way of making you pedal with all of your effort to go like 1 mile an hour.
My mom visited last week. It was nice having her here and getting to spend some time with her. We went to Waimea, Sharks Cove, and Haleiwa (I don't know how to spell it) and her and Omar and his kids seemed like they had a good time. The weather wasn't too great for them, but they managed to tour and hit the beach and have a good time anyway. Mike and Amy also were here for Amy's birthday, and they were happened to visit the PCC and I live about 5 minutes away, so we met up for ice cream where I work! I introduced them to the "Angel's Halo," it's a giant shave ice with ice cream on the bottom, the flavors, condensed milk swirled over it, and whipped cream to top it off. The BEST thing in the whole entire ice cream shop (except for maybe the cookies n' cream milkshakes, or the bubble drinks, or the...) I guess everything from there is good.
I also met a kid who sounds exactly like Sid, the sloth, from the movie Ice Age. He's super nice, but it's just really hard to take him seriously when there is that constant slur in all of his words. I didn't think I would ever meet someone who talked like that, but now I have! I think I'm going to try and record him talking someday. It's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment