Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years Resolution

     So, for my new years resolution I've decided to take one photo, each day, for the whole year. It can't just be a wham bam get it up, it has to be thought out and carefully taken. We'll see how it goes. It just so happens that I actually missed the first day (go figure), but that won't stop me, and I've taken two today to make up for it.
     I hiked up Spencer's Butte today and the weather was wonderful. It was blue skies and sunny so I figured it'd be a good day to get some fresh air. Here are two for the past two days.

Gnarly - January 1, 2012
     This is on the way up, just after the very start of the hike. I made my hiking partner stop 5 or 6 times to get the shot I wanted. The light was beautiful coming through the trees and I didn't want to miss it. I think sometimes I overlook the beauty that trees have when their leaves are gone. Yes, the leaves add to the trees, especially when they are in fall with all of the colors, but trees are incredible. They are so majestic and peaceful. Being in the northwest we don't realize how lucky we are to have so many around us, until we travel to other places and see how many trees they don't have.


Solitude - January 2, 2012
     What do you think about when you are alone? Do you prefer to be outside and be alone or do you like to be inside, curled up with a blanket? I think for me it really depends on the reason why I am choosing to venture out on my own; sometimes I need to think while other times I need to get out and not think.
     Being at the top of Spencer's Butte is a pretty amazing site. You can see all around the city of Eugene, all the way to Bachelor, and the mountain range between Eugene and the Coast. Sitting at the top is very clearing for my head, and helps me to remember the good things about life, Eugene, and what I am doing here. It's some good exercise up, very rewarding at the top, and a nice loosener on the way back down.

No comments:

Post a Comment