Saturday, January 24, 2009

Eucalyptus

Welcome to Texas.

I really don't know how I could've forgotten to include this earlier, anyway...
I wasn't even in Texas for an HOUR and I got pulled over. What kind of crummy luck is that? I was going 10 over because it switched from 80 to 70 because we were getting close to town. I saw the cop on the other side of the highway and decided to slow down. I watched in my rearview mirror as he turned around, in one of those "official emergency whatever vehicle only turnaround" places, and felt my stomach drop onto my seat as he sped up behind me and the lights came flashing on. That was definitely more of a welcome than I needed. I did, however, luck out in the fact that the cop was nice and didn't write me up for anything except a warning. I did feel dumb though when I had an insurance card that was five months expired. Oops.
     I am now a member of Lifetime Fitness and it's the COOLEST place ever (besides the car wash). It's huge. I couldn't tell you square feet because I don't know the first thing about that, but it's huge. They have every machine you could ever think of, every class you could ever think of, a rock climbing wall, a salon, a massage place, a cafe, an indoor pool with a water slide, an outdoor pool, and sweet locker rooms. In the women's locker room (I don't know about the men's) there is a steam room that is scented with eucalyptus. That sounds wierd, but it clears you right up after being in there for a couple minutes. It's one of the most relaxing things I've ever done. It's open 24 hours, so that is definitely going to be a plus when I'm freezing at night and would just like to go warm up in the steam room... :)
     Two days ago it was eighty degrees, yesterday it was seventy, and today it was 30 with 20 mile an hour winds. Really, the weather here needs to make up it's mind. You never know what kind of clothes to put on for the day. I guess it's not so bad though, because I'm inside for often than not now with school.
     I'm a little nervous. I go to my first meeting for work tomorrow. I really hope I don't make a bumbling idiot out of myself. I've figured out that I'm a nervous-talker (when I don't have anything to say, I babble on about nothing, and usually it's nothings that shouldn't be said because they just make it more confusing for everyone) and I really don't want to have confusing nothings popping out tomorrow. I really hope everything goes well. But I do have yoga after, so I can look forward to that if the meeting does in fact go horribly. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment