Monday, October 13, 2008

October 15, 2008


I went to Ogden over the weekend with the twins and we had a great time. We had our first official snowfall over the weekend here in Utah. It was great! I went to bed and in the morning, POOF! There it was, a whole five or six inches of it. It wasn't too cold because it was dry snow so we ran outside and stomped around in it till our feet went numb. We also made a cooking video (Zonko BS 33) and made a wonderful cake that included pickles, cheese, and fruit roll-ups. Yumm! We never actually finished the movie, but I'd say it was definitely a success. I'll include a clip of it to get some of the full effect.
Today in Logan it was 29 degrees. Very very very cold. BUT! I had my coat and rain boots on; so I was just dandy scootering my way around the campus while all others were puttering through the coldness, unable to move due to the fact that some of these idiots were wearing skirts. Maybe they think they are eskimos.
I was taken for a drive up Logan Canyon. There was much mud to be run through and many corners to be slid around (and we almost fell to our death hundreds of feet below a couple times, but whatever, all fun and games right?) It was gorgeous. The snow was reflecting the sunlight and the trees were turning beautiful yellows and oranges and browns (and some green still left) and as we got higher up the leaves faded more and more into some pretty trees that all the leaves had fallen off already and were covered in snow. It reminded me of something that Ansel Adams would've taken a picture of.
 This is our fire part of the cake. Step back from the screen or the flame may burn your eyes out.

1 comment: