Friday, October 10, 2008

October 10, 2008


It was the coldest it's been today! My hands and face and feet about froze off going to class and in-between classes today. Next week I'm bringing out the winter coats and mittens! Tonight it's supposed to rain/snow! WOOO! My first snow in Logan, Utah as a college student. I definitely need to learn how to drive in this madness called snow (that we never have in Eugene) or else I think I shall perish.
My aerobics friend Kristen and I wore wonderful outfits again yesterday to class. Her consisted of a sparkly blue tank top with black trim and blue shorts and tights, while mine was made up of a fanciful, colorful leotard with black leggings underneath. All of these were great finds at the D.I. (it's kind of like the Goodwill of Utah). I'm going home with her over the weekend to her grandparents house and it will be GREAT to eat a home-cooked meal, I haven't had one in ages. That's one of the things I miss most about home, is good food. I suck at cooking so I don't exactly have a lot of options besides: PB & J, macaroni and cheese, rice, and spaghetti. Occasionally burnt pancakes or french toast will come along on the menu.
My photography class is officially my favorite. The first couple weeks were pretty boring, but now it's getting really interesting and I'm learning a lot. I'm saw some pictures that were taken using an infrared lens so I want to start researching that and how to do it. It makes the greens in your pictures look white because the chlorophyll from them. It makes the pictures look like they are taken in Heaven, they're very pretty and relaxing. Our last assignment was a self-portrait and I think mine turned out pretty well. My teacher said there was a lot going on, but it was still simple enough to be a good photo. Our new assignment is called "Great Artist Steal." We pick three photos that we like from a well-known artist and we try and copy the photograph exactly. An artist that I found that I like is Ralph Gibson. He's all over the board with what he takes pictures of (he likes the women photos especially) but he has some really creative ones that are of other things as well.
Tonight I will be attending a concert from a band called the Crooked Beats. I have no idea what kind of music they play or if they are good, but I got invited to go so I might as well go check it out! It's in a place called Smithfield, and I have no idea where that is. Hopefully it's somewhat close. 3 of my roommates are going home this weekend as well. Lots of them are going to farewells for their missionary friends or have a lot of family events going on right now so they have been going home almost every weekend.
I found some people that could be considered EUGENIAN! It was probably one of the most wonderful discoveries of my life. My friend Caitlyn, from photo, has a brother who is older that also attends Utah State. He is an art major and lives in a house with a couple buddies that's right off campus. There house was probably the coolest house I've ever seen in my entire life. Chris is super artistic so there house is full of really good colors and artwork that's all done by him. It's not super big or super new or anything, it's just a cool layout with good decorating choices I guess you could call it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment